Monday 10 September 2012

where。|| aroom, shanghai ||





Love the contrast in the city. Modern and Tradition, Busy and Relaxed, Rough and Delicate. Everything is very different from others but still balanced. Just like this little cafe I found, very cozy, nostalgia, and unique. It's in a famous old lane in shanghai. Opened by a lovely couple who loves to collect vintages. You have to ring the bell so someone will answer the door for you. It's like walking into someone's house , very private but welcomed. In the cafe, everything little things are perfectly placed on those amazing vintage furnitures. Too pretty to make you feels like you are in a small gallery, and you just can't stop taking photos to create your own work of art.


喜歡城市裡戲劇化卻也十分平衡的反差:摩登與傳統; 忙碌與悠閒; 粗獷與細膩。就像我在上海一個有名的弄堂(衛樂園)裡找到的這家咖啡廳一樣, 復古/安逸/獨特, 和繁忙的商業街/金融大樓形成強烈對比。由一對喜愛復古雜物的夫妻所開的小店, 需要按門鈴才能進到他們精心打造的小天地。在這個獨特的空間裡, 所有物品都很細膩的陳列在復古精緻的傢具上, 用心到你很難去停下按快門的手, 用自己的方式, 在他們如藝術展覽的空間裡, 去創造慵懶的回憶。


Place like this is the perfect place for me in a city. The beautiful contrast between busy busy buildings and calm cozy cafe. Perfect escape from money, power and reality. Just tea, book and me : )


這樣的空間一直是我在一個繁忙城市裡所找尋的祕密花園。是個在大城市裡映出的美麗反差。用來逃離金錢, 權利與現實, 躲進溫暖的茶, 書本和自我。


--- aroom ---

15, Lane 120, Taian Lu near Huashan Lu, Xuhui district, Shanghai

上海市徐匯區泰安路120弄衛樂園15號, 近華山路

 

images via eileen's instagram


(first time did this photo edit, took me hours, but it turns out satisfactory, so quite worth the try. Hope you like it. 第一次把照片編輯成這樣, 花了好多時間摸索,成果還算滿意, 希望你們喜歡, enjoy!  xx )

Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

  1. I like that a lot. You know what, the other week when I was in Oslo I was in a Cafe where a friend of mine is working .. or helping or maybe just hanging out - not sure. Anyway, it's all pretty vintage inside and every single piece in the cafe is for sale! The chairs, the table, pictures, cups, spoons, any decoration you may find in there.... In London there are many of those places and I quite enjoyed being there (i.e. Flat White), but since I've been to the one in Oslo, I am totally hooked. Btw. some Japanese were so impressed with the one in Oslo that they opened the same store in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad u like it and oh dear I wish I can visit the cafe in Oslo, sounds like the kind of place that I will stay there whole day with a nice book.
    I didnt really find a nice vintagy cafe in London (i might have just been hooked by the fancy english afternoon tea tho), definitely want to check out flat white when next time i go back.
    love not only the vintage side of this kind of cafe, but the story behind any object they hav displayed and the beautiful cultures as well: )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...